Learning and Environmental Service Project (LES)
START: July 2020
FINAL: June 2021
- Learning objectives
- Knowledge of the environment and connection with it
- Awareness and sensitization in relation to their environment (characteristics, the main problems that affect them, their strengths, etc.)
- Encourage appropriate and responsible decision-making in relation to the environment and the service we want to perform
- Link learning with real service / performance
- Objectives related to the service
- Show the tangibility of the concepts raised and the project chosen
- Facilitate a practical experience of environmental issues and the tasks carried out to improve their conservation
- Show the relationship between the treatment of the environment and the quality of life of its inhabitants
- Make them the disseminators and repeaters (even outside the center) of the experience
- Transersal learning / service objectives
- Show the benefits of intervening in the environment and volunteering
- Experiment and evaluate how through volunteering the individual can understand and train
The Environmental Learning and Service project aims to provide a service to the community, understanding it as one that encompasses all species. Broaden your gaze and leave behind the most holistic view. To work on this, we start from the beginning of the climate emergency and the exceptional situation we are in, but we will deal with it in a brief way, since what we really want to give importance to is "positive biology". . We accompany young people to look at their immediate environment, the nature they have to touch, so that they can get to know it, value it, recognize what is good, take care of it and preserve it. In order for them to know the resilience and for us to act collectively in the face of the current situation.
- Consolidation, deepening and learning of concepts related to the current context of climate emergency, the state of wetlands and the importance of carrying out improvement actions in the nearby natural environment.
- Participation of the Institut de Sils with 3 classes of 4th ESO of 30 students per class, making a total of 90 students. They carried out improvement actions in the Estanys de Sils and in the Riera de Vallcanera, such as the creation of nest boxes, the extraction of American cane and the removal of the American crab, the maintenance of the lookouts and the viewpoint as well as painting or erasing graffiti.
- Participation of the Institut Tordària with 2 classes of 1st ESO of 15 students per class, making a total of 30 students. They carried out improvement actions in the Riera de Vallmanya in Tordera with the removal of American cane and replanting of riparian vegetation.
- Participation of the La Salle Institute of Santa Coloma de Farners with 2 groups of 5 students per class, making a total of 10. We carried out improvement actions in the city of Santa Coloma de Farners creating traps to catch the velutinous wasp and distribute them for terraces, gardens and balconies.